Monday, December 6, 2010

CHRISTMAS CARD AMAZINGNESS

I wasn't going to send Christmas cards this year. Especially not the photo card kind. Way too expensive. Until, that is, sweet Laurin Boeving told me about this awesome deal from Shutterfly. If you have a blog, you get 50 free photo Christmas cards! And she said it actually worked and they came out great!
I was so excited about it, when I went on shutterfly to make our card, I started thinking about other possibilities for Christmas presents as well. They had these beautiful canvas wall art options, cute calendars, and then there's always the cheesy but fun mug you could make for the person who wants to see your face first thing in the morning with their cup of coffee. 
So, back to the Christmas card. Since Brian and I thought we weren't going to send a photo card, we had absolutely NO good pictures of us together- at all. The only pictures we had of us from the entire year were from one of 2 events- 1. the beach vacation. no make-up is never a good look for me, I promise., or 2. the day trip we took to Versailles, KY in the fall. yes, it was a beautiful fall day and we had cozy fall clothes on and gorgeous leaves all around. the only problem with pictures from that day is that I had a gimp eye for the weekend. seriously swollen. gross.
SOOO,,,, Brian and I decided to have a photo shoot this past Saturday. And, lucky for us, it was snowing. Perfect! So, what do you do for a photo shoot when you have no photographer and no tripod? You go out on your balcony, use your huge box that the Christmas tree came in, set up about 10 books on top, and set up the timer on your kodak easy share camera, of course. Oh, and you also move all of your patio furniture to one side and pile it up on top of each other. Then you use the other side of the balcony as your background, and you have to be sure to stand in front of the ugly garages so that all you see in the picture is beautiful, sparkly trees with snow on them :-). Unfortunately, you can't really see the snow in our pictures, but we tried. In fact, it was about 19 degrees outside that day. My sweater was actually short-sleeved, so at one point, I went in to get my leather jacket. When I came back to our studio outside, Brian said, "What? But we had the colors all perfect!" He was joking, but I knew he was hinting at what he really thought, so I oh so submissively said, "okayyyyy" and took off my jacket to stand in the 19 degree weather in short sleeves for another 40 shots or so. (Lesson learned for next time I am picking out a portrait outfit!)
So, when you see our beautiful (FREE) Christmas card from us this year, know that I was freezing, and the mailman who looked up at us in the middle of this process started snickering, but at least we were having fun! :-) Thanks. And Merry Christmas!  :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment