Monday, September 20, 2010

Time to remember

The last blog I posted was the day before my birthday in 2008. Now, we are approaching my birthday in 2010. A few minor life changes.

That weekend, on the front porch of the cabin in Blowing Rock, NC, Brian asked my dad if he could marry me. :-) My dad said yes, with his blessing!

So, here we are, married!! Praise the Lord! We are living in Louisville, Ky. I am once again a music teacher.  And happy about that for sure.

So, the brightest part of our lives in Louisville is getting to be part of Sojourn Community Church . What a blessing. Here is what it is to me- a church that I am so proud to be a part of, that I can't wait to go to each week, and that I am sad if I miss a service. I think the reasons behind that are:

1. The pastor's vulnerability.  He does not have everything figured out, and he knows it, and we know it. Beautifully, his humility and weakness exalts the strength of our Savior who empowers him (Daniel) to bring truth to us BOLDY, in wisdom and in power. It is fun to watch. And hear.
2. Musicians that are tearing it up for His Name's sake. It is fun, it is pointed towards, about Him, and it is a gift from Him. Here's one of my favorite musicians from the church, Brooks Ritter .
3. Gracious friends. Community that prays and cares.

So, all that to say we are thankful for this church. :-)

Louisville has been surprisingly charming. I really wasn't expecting it. But the cottage-like houses, the fall colors, the lush summers, the good coffee shops (Quills, Java, and of course, Brian's 2nd home, Sbux).... And I think since it is seminary culture, it is somewhat reminiscent of college days. Maybe not for me, but for Brian. So I get a little of it. One thing I nerdily love to do is meet him at the seminary cafeteria! haha.. Even though I usually don't know anyone in the room except him, it brings back memories of what a time of COMMUNITY that was in college. You go eat, and you always sat among friends. You always laughed together. Sometimes Erica would start food fights. One time Leah got a date to a function while she was sitting beside me. Larry Bounds might say something hilarious about whales and evolution and the emancipation proclamation.  Anyway... I am digressing. I like the feel of college and college things. So seminary is sentimental for me.

Ok, that is enough for my first post back! Let me know if you are out there reading this, cause I would love to start keeping up with it again.
Grace and peace to you tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pic of you two! Can't wait to come see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitly has been awhile since you have posted but it is awesome to hear how God has worked in your life over the past couple of years!!! Great to get an update!

    ReplyDelete