Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Boredom= not that bad of a problem.... but still.....

Sooo, the past year here in Louisville has been super busy. I was working 3 part-time jobs to try to equal one full-time job, and it was crazy hours. I would get home in the evenings at 9:30pm after working all day.
And now, PRAISE the LORD, I have one job! Just one! And it is hard work, but it is a great fit for me. I have a lot that goes on after school, too- student choir, and 3 guitar glasses that I have just begun teaching. So, I am trying to get on this schedule (so far, so good...) of exercising right when I get home from school around 5pm.  So, I do that for 30-45 minutes, then make some dinner. But then....ummmm...nothing.
So here's a question. ... Since Brian is gone 4 evenings/nights a week, what should I do? I am trying to break the bad habit of just vegging on the couch, eating, and watching HGTV. As much as I love resting in that way, I don't want to spend 5 hours a night doing that.  I want to do something productive. Of course, some nights, there is cleaning/laundry to be done, but still, it doesn't take the whole evening.
I know once we have kids, this will not be an issue. But for now, any good ideas of how I can spend my evenings alone productively?

1 comment:

  1. LESLIE! Barak suggests blogging... I suggest having a BABY! It would be wonderful...
    but seriously,
    you could read some Jane Austin books and blog your thoughts through the chapters. I would love reading that.
    Or you could write long, thoughtful emails to friends you don't see much. Or write some songs. Hmmm - all of this has to do with writing. Perhaps you could go to a nursing home once a week? spend time with corrie for me?

    ReplyDelete