Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Psalm 40:3
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.


As a new year of school approaches, this is a prayer. That I would not sing merely old songs, but sing to the children new songs, as to the Lord. That a new song would be continually in my heart, and flow out- looking like love- poured out over all 600 students I see each week. May they put their trust in the Lord! May the Lord lead me in each particular, in how to teach them well, how to discipline them well, and how to love them well. How can I show them Jesus every day? Come Lord.

I also want a new song as I lead worship at Church of the Carolinas. It is unacceptable to pick a few songs and sing them and play an instrument when the words of each song is not alive in my heart. I pray for life to come out in the songs I sing. I pray for truth that has become my daily bread, to be proclaimed to others. I pray for beautiful melodys that touch hearts, and do honor to the beauty of the message of the Good News. Thank God for Good News. Now open my lips to declare it beautifully.


No comments:

Post a Comment